From the Administrator:
Thank you for your interest in Western Christian Academy. We partner with parents in the education of their children. I appreciate the opportunity to work with you in providing an exceptional and personalized academic program. Providing the right educational program is paramount to helping your student maximize his/her academic potential.
As your administrator I want to assure you that you have made the right decision. I have 45 years of expertise in the field of education, serving as teacher, principal, curriculum writer and editor, testing specialist, seminar speaker, and instructor for teacher training seminars. I have graduate training in learning disabilities and understand the importance of identifying learning styles and assigning appropriate curriculum to meet the needs of the student. I whole-heartedly embrace differentiated learning and appreciate the uniqueness of each learner.
Please review our website information. Feel free to use the Contact page to ask questions. You can also call us at 800-868-5839 between 8am-4pm PST.
Western Christian Academy, Administrator
Western Christian Academy is dedicated to assisting families by providing quality academic programs from a Christian worldview through individualized learning, professional expertise, and reliable academic support.
“How do children learn?” The answer to this question can open the door of success for your child. Recent studies indicate that children:
• Have different learning styles and learn at different rates
• Were created with varying talents and academic potential
• Must master specific development skills
• Learn best through a focus/mastery learning approach
• Increase mastery and retention through repetition and review
• Differ greatly in their abilities to learn through auditory, visual, and kinesthetic/tactile stimuli
Western Christian Academy uses distinctive, individualized, multi-media software from grades 3-12 that specifically addresses their learning style.
• Since children learn with varying learning styles at different rates, Western Christian Academy provides placement assessments and designs a personalized educational plan for your child.
• Diagnostic testing reveals the developmental skill levels attained. Specific skills are prerequisite to the “learning to read,” such as sequencing, left-right coordination, color and shape recognition, and auditory and visual discrimination.
• Children process information differently in varying stages of physical and cognitive development. Our curriculum emphasizes the development of critical thinking skills, deductive reasoning, and logical thinking to better prepare the students for college and success in life.
• Children gain mastery and understanding of academic concepts through different modalities. Some children are strong visual learners, but others learn best through auditory processing. Others are hands-on/tactile learners.
• Western Christian Academy provides curriculum that best meets all learning styles.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that both the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, revealing the three Persons of the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created in God’s image, but is separated from God by sin.
- We believe that man is redeemed by grace through faith in Christ’s vicarious atonement for sins, the shedding of His blood on the Cross.
- We believe that the gift of eternal life is available to all men, that those who receive Christ by faith are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, His imminent return, and the resurrection of His people.
Western Christian Academy – Personalized Academics for your Child’s Success!